The L & C Series cast iron positive displacement pumps have been the industry standard for Lubrication & Circulation for over 75 years. They were originally designed under James B. Tuthill, the company’s founder. Tuthill has continuously worked to improve these pumps to fit an ever-growing range of lubrication applications. The result is a family of reliable internal gear pumps that are ideal for custom OEM lubrication, low pressure hydraulics, transfer, circulating, burner oil feed, and many other industrial pump applications.
- Internal Gear Design
- Cast Iron Construction
- Flexible Mounting, Sealing, and Driving Options
- Standard with O-Ring Case Seals
- Top Porting
- Options Available
- Tuthill’s Reversing Feature
- Internal Relief Valve Available
- Flange and Foot Mount Configurable
- Carbon Idler, Carbon Bushings, and Outboard Bearing
2C, 3C, 4C, 5C, 6C
C Series Pump Specifications:
SIMPLE, COMPACT DESIGN OFFERS HIGH EFFICIENCY, LONGER LIFE, FLEXIBILITY, AND RELIABILITY
C Series Circulation Pumps Unique Reversing Feature
(3) When the teeth mesh on the pressure side, the liquid is forced from the spaces and out through the discharge port.
When shaft rotation changes from counter-clockwise to clockwise, the idler carrier (including the idler gear and crescent) automatically rotates 180º through the suction zone to the position shown in the drawing below. This changes the direction of the flow within the pump without changing port positions. On resumption of counter-clockwise rotation, the crescent will swing back to the original position.