Chemical chemical injection pump and key pump selection elements
There are many considerations when choosing a compatible pump for cosmetic chemical pump applications. When using pumps for corrosive or flammable chemicals, users should take extra care to ensure that the pump is selected as the right type of device.
Determining characteristics of cosmetic chemical chemicals to be pumped:
Based on the safety data sheet (SDS), the manufacturer or distributor of chemicals can provide users with necessary information such as fluid name, concentration, liquid temperature, specific gravity and degree. Viscous at pump temperature. If the liquid contains solids, determine the concentration, solid particle size and hardness, or determine if the liquid is corrosive, flammable or explosive.
Identify application specificities
- What type of chemical storage container? Tank, tank, drum, truck tank ….
- Where will the fluid be pumped? From drum to tank or just circulating pump application in the tank.
- Is the liquid level below the pump? In this case, the use of self-priming pumps or submersible pumps in liquids is a suitable solution.
- Flow rate required for application? Flow rates are required to calculate friction losses in piping systems.
- Is the total head or pressure required for the application? Total head is based on the piping system and is used (along with the flow rate) to help select the pump.
- Determine the height of the suction column of the pump (NPSHa). This is the suction column available for the pump and is supplied by the piping system. To avoid erosion (causing erosion of pump components), NPSHa must pass the required NPSH (NPSHr).
- How many days / week will the pump be operating? Users need to determine the duration of pump operation to assess the cost of energy consumed by the pump. For example, if two pumps operate many hours a day, an electric motor pump will have significantly lower operating costs than a mechanical pump.
- Are pumps installed indoors or outdoors? See the maximum and minimum ambient temperatures is how much? It is very important to choose the correct materials for pumps and motors.
- In the end is the height of the application? A higher position will reduce the lift of the pump if the device is a self-priming pump.
Choice of cosmetic chemical pumps
There are many conditions to choose the most suitable type of pump along with the correct construction material:
- Aggregate information about the fluid handled.
- Aggregate information on hydraulic requirements and applications.
- Consult from experts, installation engineers
Select pump material suitable for cosmetic chemical pump application
Pump construction materials compatible with the pump application are particularly important for safely transporting chemicals and helping the pump run for a long time. Here are some common examples of materials used for chemicals.
Stainless steel: Use type 304 and 316; In particular, 316 stainless steel also increases corrosion resistance.
Hastelloy C / Inconel / Alloy 625: These contain high levels of nickel and chromium, up to 13% molybdenum. These materials have better corrosion resistance than stainless steel but are more expensive.
Titanium: Works best in oxidizing environments like hot nitric acid and sodium hypochlorite but is expensive.
CPVC: Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) is a thermoplastic that can be processed by plastic injection molding technology. It is resistant to corrosion and is used as a material for pipes, valves, filters and pumps.
Polyethylene: Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) is used for chemical tanks, chemical transfer tubes and can be found in drum pumps.
Polypropylene: Polypropylene is resistant to many corrosive materials. Used for pipes, fittings and pumps for corrosive liquid transport applications.
PVDF: Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a strong, abrasion-resistant fluoropolymer with superior chemical resistance. It is used in pipes, fittings, parts, pump equipment.
ETFE: Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) is a fluoropolymers with better chemical resistance and a wider temperature range than PVDF. Used for pipes, valves and pump casing and can be molded into a variety of pumps.
Nitrile (Buna N): A versatile oil and water resistant rubber with a moderate working temperature range, nitrile is not compatible with many corrosive materials.
FKM: FKM is a fluorocarbon elastomer with broad chemical compatibility, spread over a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, making it suitable for many applications.
EPDM: Ethylene propylene diene methylene rubber (EPDM) is compatible with most corrosives and has a good temperature range.
FFKM: Perfluoroelastomers (FFKM) are elastomeric forms of PTFE that are fully fluorinated to provide high corrosion resistance.
Gạch: gốm Alumina (nhôm oxit) thường được sử dụng trong các phớt cơ khí, trục và ống lót. Alumina có độ tinh khiết cao hơn (99,5%) tăng cường khả năng chống ăn mòn.
Sintered silicon carbide: Sintered silicon carbide (SiC) provides outstanding hardness, high strength, and extremely good abrasion resistance.
Carbon graphite: Carbon graphite provides good chemical resistance, resistant to many extremely corrosive chemicals. Used as a mechanical seal and as a lining material in other pumps.
In short, a proper chemical-cosmetic pump must always meet the following two main factors: it is resistant to the corrosion of chemical chemicals at different temperature levels and must not be Liquid leakage occurred during the pumping process. That is why users who decide to buy a chemical chemical treatment must always consider application specific characteristics and top materials.
Thai Khuong currently offers chemical pumps, magnetic pumps of brands ITALIA, Quality assurance EU, G7 (you can refer to the product here). If you need advice or need to provide information about product prices, chemical pumping equipment. Please contact us immediately.
Thai Khuong Pumps Always ready to listen and support you.