A supply water pump is usually a system with many pump heads to serve water production and supply needs. The most typical supply water pumps are clean water supply plants for the city, domestic wastewater treatment plants, bottled drinking water factories, etc…
Supply water pump system
The supply water pump is usually a system installed in clean water supply plants with large capacity. We are using industrial pump systems with a power of 30kW or more. A supply water pumping system includes Raw water pumping system and raw water treatment (groundwater, surface water) and a clean water transmission system (after treatment).
Treatment technology for clean water depends on the raw water’s capacity and nature to pump to select the right pump to meet the environmental technical standards before discharging to the receiving source according to the Technical Regulations QCVN country.
Note when choosing a water pump
Each type of pump adapts to some terrain characteristics and has advantages by natural conditions. If chosen incorrectly, it will be costly and ineffective.
Understanding more about water pumps will help consumers avoid buying the wrong type of water pump or installing it incorrectly, causing damage:
- Pump selection must consider the advantages and disadvantages of each type of pump entirely to choose a reasonable pump.
- Pumps used for feed water are usually impeller pumps with vertical and horizontal centrifugal pumps.
Water pump specifications
When choosing a water pump, we need to refer to the specifications of the water pump line we want to buy. Then calculate if the pump is suitable for the system. Some technical parameters to pay attention to are as follows:
- Pump flow: In the machine, it usually records as Qmax
- Altitude: The height of the water level generally record as H, with the recorder as Hmax, Total H
- Depth of water intake: Recorded as r.m.p
- Pump power: Recorded in W (Watt) or in H.P (Horse Power) (1 HP = 0.736kW,1 kW = 1.36 HP)
- Use voltage: Choose a single-phase 220V/50Hz for household needs or a 3-phase 380V/50Hz pump for industrial water treatment systems.
Example specifications of a basic feed water pump have:
- Q flow: up to 2500 l/s
- Head H: up to 45m
- Output Diameter: DN65
⇒ After having those factors in mind, choose a pump with the appropriate total height, suction height and discharge height. Usually, it is appropriate to choose a pump with a value higher than 1.3 – 1.5 of the actual value.
How to install an efficient water pumping station system
We, when installing a pump system, need to comply with the manufacturer’s specifications strictly, and at the same time, pay attention to the following points:
- Install the machine as close to the water source as possible. It should install firmly, avoid machine vibration when operating.
- The inlet pipe diameter must match the diameter of the water inlet hole and should not place close to the inlet hole.
- Some types of machines must be fitted with a priming water system according to the instructions of the device, Should have a filter to prevent the garbage from clogging and damaging the machine.
- It is best to install the outlet pipe to the pump’s correct diameter, avoid bends, and not lead the pipe out into the circle to lose the pump’s performance.
- At the pump outlet, a lock valve often attaches to facilitate the machine’s adjustment or repair.
- The inlet and outlet pipes must be tight. Any leakage can harm the machine when operating.
- The voltage connected to the machine must be correct, an automatic breaker should be installed, the wire capacity must be accurate with the load capacity of the device, and the appliance is well-grounded.
- For large capacity water plants, the pump needs to have a start-up support system.
- When determining the number of pumps, it must be selected so that the initial investment costs and operating costs are the lowest.
- Combined with the consideration of the water usage chart, thereby giving the optimal method
- In general, the higher the flow rate, the higher the efficiency and lower operating costs.
- The number of installed pumps should be 3 or 5, including backup pumps
Note when designing pump system for raw water supply
When creating a pump system for essential water supply, we need to keep a few things in mind:
- Increase in water demand by the end of the design period
- The pumps should have the same parameters for convenient management and easy replacement of spare parts
- If there is a significant change in the water flow, pumps of different capacities can install
- To control the total feedwater flow by adjusting rotational speed and other factors
- Suppose the pump head changes sharply between day and night or through different seasons. In that case, it is necessary to consider increasing and decreasing the pump head by changing the diameter of the BXCT to adjust the pump head accordingly.
- The number of pumps determines the design flow and water flow variation (water consumption mode and pump head)
- When the pumps are of equal capacity, a backup pump install of similar power.
- When the pumps have different capacities, the backup pump installed must have a larger capacity.
Application of feedwater pump
Water pump systems now use in many factories. Not necessarily domestic water supply plants, bottled water factories… But they also appear in systems such as:
- Fire protection system
- Wastewater treatment system
- Factory, production line in the F&B industry
- Textile dyeing and garment factory…
Choosing the right water supply pump line effectively with the optimal cost is not easy. Coming to Thai Khuong, you will consult from the stage of calculation and selection of the pump to the installation and maintenance consultation with the most reasonable cost. Please get in touch with Thai Khuong when you have a need!
Popular pump lines used for water pumping systems[/col] [/row]