Tapioca starch is the primary source of raw materials for producing many products such as consumer food, cooking materials, industrial raw materials, etc.
In this article, let’s learn about the tapioca industry, the production processes, and the involvement of pump lines in this process!
Tapioca starch is a type of starch extracted from cassava roots (tapioca). It is a kind of material that is popular in Vietnam and the whole world.
Vietnam is one of the Asian countries that has grown and produced cassava starch very early. And also where there are many delicious dishes prepared based on this ingredient.
Currently, with the development of technology, the cassava starch production industry benefits a lot. Especially with many pump lines, to serve the production process from raw material processing to finished products.
Tapioca Starch Factory
Tapioca starch factory appeared in Vietnam very early, along with large cassava fields stretching north to south.
In the south of us, factories are concentrated mainly in the Tay Ninh area. The cassava growing areas in many provinces and cities, after the harvest season, are collected and transported here for classification and put into production lines.
Tapioca factories with modern processing lines are almost entirely automated. From preliminary processing, they are sorting raw materials, washing until the stage of exporting finished products.
Cassava starch production process
The production process of tapioca starch takes tapioca starch as raw material by grinding the washed tapioca into a paste, separating the impurities present in the starch paste, and drying the starch to obtain the final edible starch… With the advanced tapioca starch processing machine, the whole process complete in less than half an hour.
We can summarize this process as follows:
- Feeding – grinding: Pour ingredients into the hopper, peel, wash, mince, and smooth.
- Extraction process: Separation of the residue in the milky mixture
- Powder separation process: Purify powder solution, remove impurities
- Centrifugation to separate water from powder: Squeeze water out of starch milk
- Powder drying stage: Wet starch is dried to reduce moisture
- Finished products, packing
Pump lines involved in starch production
As you can see, the production process of tapioca starch goes through many different stages. In these stages, the contribution of the pumps is significant.
It may mention as:
- Centrifugal pumps use to supply clean water for pumping water into the water filter tank from natural water sources. Pumping water to wash raw materials…
- Screw pump used in the process of pumping milk, noodles, and flour
- High-pressure pump used to wash centrifuge chamber, clean factory, production line
- Centrifugal pumps use in the process of pumping wastewater…
Accordingly, screw pumps are used a lot and are directly involved in the production stages of finished products. Centrifugal pump or high-pressure pump will play the role of supporting equipment, intermediate equipment in the production and post-production stages of a specific location.
Some criteria when choosing a pump
Especially in the food processing industry. Therefore, the issue of food hygiene and safety is also a requirement that should be taken seriously.
Through this, when choosing a pump to participate in the production line of tapioca starch, flour, etc., we need to note a few points below to get an effective device that meets the needs:
- Determine the stage of participation of the pump
- Calculation of pump capacity
- Suitable pump construction material
- The installation position affects the shape and size of the pump
- Choose the brand and manufacture to ensure the quality of the pump and the stability of the pump during the production process
- Choose a supplier capable of consulting, installing, operating, and having enough capacity for after-sales maintenance.
Pump supplier for the tapioca industry
With the characteristics of the industry, it mainly distributes in Tay Ninh Province, a southern province of our country. The distance from the center of Ho Chi Minh City to the industrial park, the capital of the tapioca industry, is not very far.
Therefore, Thai Khuong always focuses, invests in research, and provides solutions to promote and automate the starch industry and starch production of all kinds. It was freeing human labor, improving the quality of output products.
After many years of providing solutions, improving production lines for the industry, Thai Khuong has and is available pump lines for the industry. With the characteristic that the sector is very wear-and-tear in equipment, Thai Khuong focuses on products of EU origin, the purpose of which is to improve the quality and stability of the production lines.
With specific brands such as:
- Salvatore Robuschi
- Nova Rotors
If you need to renovate, improve or replace the pumping systems used for the starch industry, please get in touch with Thai Khuong immediately for the best solutions!